Regenlite (N-Lite) Vascular Treatment
What is Regenlite (N-Lite) Vascular?
The Regenlite Pulsed Dye Laser is a revolutionary non-invasive laser treatment that can successfully treat a variety of vascular and benign cutaneous lesions such as port wine stains, spider veins or rosacea and facial redness. Regenlite is a medical grade laser that emits a unique laser light SmartPulse from a hand-piece held directly above the skin. Regenlite has been engineered to emit the exact amount of light energy required to the targeted vessels at the right time allowing for maximum treatment outcomes, with little to no downtime so you can resume back to normal activities straight away.
The laser is a visible yellow light laser that mimics damage in the skin that then stimulates the body’s natural wound healing response. Part of this response is the production of brand new collagen as an additional benefit to vascular and redness reduction. Regenlite treatment has been evaluated in numerous clinical studies using bio-chemical analysis, electron microscopy histology, ultrasound imaging to evidence its efficacy and safety.
How long until full results are seen?
immediate to 4 weeks
Duration of results
PAYG from £60. Course discount available
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common ones.
Assess your vessels, if treating rosacea – full assessment. Lifestyle, trigger factors, history, advice on ZO and nutrition support, patch test.
How does the treatment work?
The yellow light of the Regenlite beam passes through the top layer of the skin (the epidermis) superficially and targets the blood vessels in the deeper layer of the skin (the dermis). The light energy heats the blood in the unwanted vessels, causing a coagulation effect. The stimulates the bodies natural healing process and the body will gradually break down and remove the broken vessels revealing a clear, even toned complexion whilst reducing facial redness, vascular lesions and conditions such as Rosacea.
Is used to treat?
Regenlite pulse dye laser is very effective at treating the following concerns:
• Facial redness/flushing/blushing
• Cherry and spider Angioma
• Port wine stains
• Vascular birth marks
How many treatments will I need and how frequently?
On average 1-5 treatments, at 2-4 weekly intervals may be required depending on the extent of your vascular concerns. For Rosacea treatments, maintenance will be required, the frequency will be advised following your treatment.
When will I see results?
You should start to notice small improvements in the following weeks after your first treatment, with continued treatments the results are progressive and can continue to improve for up to 6 months after your last treatment.
Am I suitable for treatment?
Prior to any treatment at Staffordshire Skin & Laser Clinic a full medical consultation and assessment will be carried out to ensure there are no treatment contraindications as your safety is our priority. Treatment contraindications include:
- Pregnancy or breast feeding
- Eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis at the treatment site
- Active cold sore in the treatment site
- History of keloid scarring or skin pigmentation disorders such as melasma
- Infected or compromised skin in the treatment area
- Immune system disorders such as Lupus or severe rheumatoid Arthritis
- Current use of medications such as Accutane or methotrexate
- Current use Herbal remedies such as saint john’s wort, fever few, Tetracycline antibiotics, minocycline’s Amiodarone and steroids (must be discontinued 6 weeks prior to treatment)
- History of methotrexate, or Gold injections
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), skin cancer
- Blood thinning medications such as warfarin, heparin or other types Cautions to treatment (GP to confirm suitability)
- Epilepsy, diabetes, heart or thyroid disease
- Cancer within 12 months
- Transplant, diabetes, hypertensive medication
- Blood borne viruses such as hepatitis and HIV
- Metal implants or tattoos in the treatment site
How does treatment feel?
The Regenlite vascular treatment should be comfortable with little to no pain for small superficial vascular legions, with no topical anaesthetic required. Treatment may feel a little more uncomfortable for concerns such as dark port wine stains as these require higher energy settings, however a topical anaesthetic cream be applied to minimise any discomfort. During the treatment you will feel a warm tingling sensation while the laser beam is passed over the skin and the light energy is absorbed.
What to expect after treatment?
Redness & bruising.