ZO Ossential Stimulator Peel
What is a ZO Ossential Stimulator Peel?
The ZO Stimulator peel is the newest addition to the family of peels brought to us by Dr Zein Obagi. This peel is different because the results are remarkable with zero downtime!
Also known as the ‘Red Carpet Peel’ – This celebrity loved treatment is the secret to flawless looking skin on the red carpet. It’s the perfect pre-party/event skin preparation that will leave your skin truly glowing. If you are new to skin peels or feeling slightly nervous or you simply do not want any downtime this is a great treatment option for you.
How long until full results are seen?
Duration of results
£80. Course price discounted
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common ones.
At Staffordshire Skin and Laser Clinic, we know that your skin is your most important asset. That’s why we give it the attention it deserves. When you come in for a consultation we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed. We will do a full holistic assessment of your concerns including an Observe computerised skin analysis free of charge to give us a greater understanding of your treatment goals and expectations.
We will look at factors that may be contributing to your concerns. We will assess for treatment contraindications as your safety is our number one priority. If you are looking to brighten and rejuvenate the skin with no downtime or a pre party skin treatment, then the Stimulator Peel may be the perfect treatment for you. During your consultation we will discuss the benefits, potential side effects, risks, treatment alternatives and answer any questions you may have. As we are passionate about results we will also we will also advise on a ZO Skin protocol as well and nutritional support to allow for optimal results. Following your consultation we will provide you treatment information and a quote.
How does the treatment work?
This peel is made up of a combination of 3 exfoliating alpha/beta hydroxyl acids including lactic, citric and salicylic acid as well as other high concentrations of active ingredients that will cause a very gentle exfoliation of the very upper dead skin cells, stimulate the production of elastin and collagen and over a course of treatments lead to a reduction in lines wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
Is used to treat
This is a great superficial peel for the following indications:
- Anti-ageing, fine lines, wrinkles
- Problematic skin such as acne and enlarged pores
- Pigmentation concerns, such as age or sun spots, freckles, uneven skin tone
- Sallow, rough skin to improve texture and smoothness
How many treatments will I need?
Although you will see an improvement in your skin following just one peel, for best results we always recommend a course or 3-6 treatments. These can be taken at 2 weekly intervals for maximum results. To optimise the results of your treatment we recommend the use of Obagi transformation skin care systems. This can be discussed at your consultation.
Am I suitable for treatment?
Main contraindications include pregnancy, breast feeding and an allergy to aspirin and skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis in the treatment area.
How does treatment feel?
The ZO Ossential Stimulator peel is a comfortable treatment unlike some of the much stronger chemical peels. Whilst the peel is on the skin you may experience a mild, warming sensation, this is quite normal and will disappear once the peel has been neutralised.
Pre treatment guidelines
Preparation prior to your peel is important to ensure you achieve optimal result without any unnecessary downtime. Here are pre peel preparation tips:
- One week prior to our peel avoid hair removal methods such as electrolysis, waxing or depilatory methods
- Avoid exfoliating scrubs or abrasive products for 48 hours prior to treatment
- Discontinue any topical prescriptions such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic preparations, adapalene topical antibiotics for acne for 48 hours prior
- Discontinue any Retin-A/Retinol products 48 hours prior
- Avoid artificial tanning for 48 hours prior and excessive sun/sunbed exposure for 4 weeks prior to treatment
- If you suffer cold sores ensure this has completely healed prior to your appointment
- Inform your practitioner if there are any medical changes prior to your treatment
What to expect during treatment
Prior to treatment the skin is cleansed and exfoliated. The peel solution is then applied, the number of coats will depend on how well your skin tolerates the treatment. The peel solution is left on the skin for a pre-set time before neutralised and cleansed away. Following the peel the most suitable mask for your skin concerns will be applied from the following options:
- Brightening mask – great for brightening the skin and pigmentation concerns
- Sulphur mask – great for acne and problematic skin
- Aloe Vera – a great mask for more sensitive skin types
Once the mask has been in place for around 20 minutes it will be removed and Products form the ZO range that are high in antioxidants and growth factors will be applied and finished off with a protective SPF.
Post treatment advice
To enjoy the benefits of your ZO Stimulator peel and maintain your skins optimum health, we advise the following post treatment advice:
• Avoid excessive sun exposure and sunbeds for 48 – 72 hours after treatment
• Wear daily sunscreen SPF 30 as a minimum
• Stay hydrated
• Refrain from waxing, exfoliating scrubs, and abrasive products for 48 hours
• Refrain from using acne medication, retinols or AHA products for at least 48 hours
• Avoid chemical peels or laser treatments in the area for two weeks
• Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for 48 hours
• Avoid hot showers for 24 hours
If possible, keep your skin makeup for the remainder of the day, or choose a mineral based option such as Jane Iredale if make up is required