Blue Peel Radiance
What is Blue Peel Radiance?
With the Blue Peel Radiance you can achieve beautiful results after as little as 1 peel, and even more radiant skin after 3 peels, with a visible improvement in appearance of skin tone and texture and a reduction in the signs of ageing, photo-damage and acne. A Blue Peel Radiance is a superficial, salicylic acid-based peel that can be used for a wide range of skin types to achieve an instant glow with little to no down time. A chemical peel is a procedure that is undertaken to remove the outermost layers of the skin in order to improve the smoothness and texture to the skin.
How long until full results are seen?
Duration of results
Minimal to none
PAYG £80. Course discount available
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common ones.
At Staffordshire Skin and Laser Clinic, we know that your skin is your most important asset. That’s why we give it the attention it deserves. When you come in for a consultation we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed. We will do a full holistic assessment of your concerns including an Observe computerised skin analysis free of charge to give us a greater understanding of your treatment goals and expectations. We will look at factors that may be contributing to your concerns. We will assess for treatment contraindications as your safety is our number one priority. If you are looking for skin rejuvenation or to manage your acne with minimal downtime the Blue peel radiance may be the perfect treatment for you. During your consultation we will discuss the benefits, potential side effects, risks, treatment alternatives and answer any questions you may have. As we are passionate about results we will also we will also advise on a ZO Skin protocol as well and nutritional support to allow for optimal results. Following your consultation we will provide you treatment information and a quote.
How does the treatment work?
To achieve this the applied peel will create a very controlled injury to the skin, this will initiate a wound healing response, resulting in the peeling of dead skin and fresh new skin to be revealed that’s smoother, brighter and less wrinkly than the old skin. The degree of peeling will depend on the strength of the peel solution applied. A more intense peel will lead to a greater rejuvenation but more down time can be expected. There are many types of chemical peel preparations and the right peel for you will depend on your skin type and desired results. Light peels will consist of alpha or beta hydroxyl acids such as glycolic, lactic or salicylic acids alone or in combination.
- Radiant, tighter, smoother, brighter skin
- Photodamaged skin
- Skin resurfacing
- Overall improvement in texture and tone
Is used to treat
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Mild to moderate photo damage
- Uneven tone and texture
- Acne and acne scarring
Treatment safety and side effects
Firstly you are in safe hands by visiting our Save Face accredited centre of excellence. Treatment is very safe and side effects are very rare. We would always recommend the use of a daily sun protection factor (SPF) to any patient undergoing treatment.
How many treatments will I need and how frequently?
We will always recommend a course of 3-6 peels depending on your skin concerns. These can be spaced out at 2 weekly intervals. To optimise the results of your treatment we recommend the use of Obagi transformation skin care systems. This can be discussed at your consultation.
Am I suitable for treatment?
Prior to any treatment at Staffordshire Skin & Laser Clinic we always carry out a full medical consultation and assessment to ensure that there are no treatment contraindications as your safety is our priority. Most people are suitable for treatment, however there are contraindications. These include:
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
- Allergy to Aspirin/salicylic acid
- Open wounds in the treatment area
- Skin rashes in the treatment area
- Active cold sores
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- History of keloid scarring
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Bleeding disorder
- Certain autoimmune conditions
- Use of Accutane in the last 6 months
How does treatment feel?
Once the peel is applied to your skin it will feel very hot and prickly. This is a normal response, the heat will settle very quickly. Your skin will feel warm post treatment and the skin may appear slightly flushed.
Pre treatment guidelines
Preparation prior to your peel is important to ensure you achieve optimal result without any unnecessary downtime. Here are pre peel preparation tips:
- One week prior to our peel avoid hair removal methods such as electrolysis, waxing or depilatory methods
- Avoid exfoliating scrubs or abrasive products for 48 hours prior to treatment
- Discontinue any topical prescriptions such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic preparations, adapalene topical antibiotics for acne for 48 hours prior
- Discontinue any Retin-A/Retinol products 48 hours prior
- Avoid artificial tanning for 48 hours prior and excessive sun/sunbed exposure for 4 weeks prior to treatment
- If you suffer cold sores ensure this has completely healed prior to your appointment
- Inform your practitioner if there are any medical changes prior to your treatment
What to expect during treatment
Prior to treatment the skin is cleansed and a preparation solution applied. The peel is then applied whilst your practitioner will carefully monitor your skins response, depending on your level of redness and comfort a second coat of the peel will then be applied. The peel is self-neutralising, this takes around 7-9 minutes. Once the peel has self-neutralised the skin will begin to feel cooler, the peel will then be cleansed away. Following treatment Elastiderm eye cream, Obagi Hydrate and an SPF 50 will be applied and post treatment care will be given.
What to expect after treatment?
Day 1 – Skin may feel tight
Day 2 to 3 – Minimal areas of dry flaky skin.
Usually around 3-5 days following your treatment you may experience a very light exfoliation of the skin, we would recommend the application of Obagi Hydrate to resolve this.
Post treatment advice
To enjoy the benefits of your Blue Peel Radiance and maintain your skins optimum health, we advise the following post treatment advice:
• Avoid excessive sun exposure and sunbeds for 48 – 72 hours after treatment
• Wear daily sunscreen SPF 30 as a minimum
• Stay hydrated
• Refrain from waxing, exfoliating scrubs, and abrasive products for 48 hours
• Refrain from using acne medication, retinols or AHA products for at least 48 hours
• Avoid chemical peels or laser treatments in the area for two weeks
• Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for 48 hours
• Avoid hot showers for 24 hours
• If possible, keep your skin makeup for the remainder of the day, or choose a mineral based option such as Jane Iredale if make up is required