Take yourself further on your fat reduction journey with no surgery, no needles and minimal expected downtime.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is the leading non-invasive fat reduction treatment that eliminates stubborn fat safely and effectively without the need for surgery or downtime. Coolsculpting uses a technique called Cryolipolysis, this process targets and freezes fat cells without damaging any of the surrounding tissue.
Once the fat cells are treated, they are destroyed and removed as your body process the fat and removes the dead cells through a natural inflammatory clearing process. This fat reduction treatment is the only FDA-cleared procedure to use controlled cooling to safely target and eliminate diet- and exercise-resistant fat for a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. CoolSculpting is a scientifically proven way to contour your body for noticeable, lasting results so you will look and feel great from every angle.
45 minutes per area
How long until full results are seen?
Duration of results
Minimal to none
From £600. Multiple area discounts
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common ones.
What will a consultation involve?
At Staffordshire Skin and Laser Clinic, we know that your body is your most important asset. That’s why we give it the attention it deserves. When you come in for a consultation we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed. We will do a full holistic assessment of your concerns areas to understand your treatment goals and expectations. We will look at factors that may be contributing to your concerns and how we can address them. We will assess for treatment contraindications as your safety is our number one priority. For fat reduction we will assess the area and advised a personalised treatment plan tailored to your individual needs, shape and goals during your consultation we will discuss the benefits, potential side effects, risks, treatment alternatives and answer any questions you may have. As we are passionate about results we will also we will also advise on a ZO Skin protocol as well and nutritional support to allow for optimal results. Following your consultation we will provide you treatment information and a quote.
How does CoolSculpt work?
- The Coolsculpting procedure targets and cools fat cells to temperatures that cause the fat cells to freeze and die, a process known as apoptosis.
- Coolsculpting selectively works on subcutaneous fatty tissue while preserving the skin and surrounding tissue.
- Following treatment fat cells are destroyed. The body naturally processes the fat and the dead cells are removed though a natural inflammatory clearing process.
- Coolsculpt has demonstrated fat layer reductions across multiple treatment areas of up to 27% at 6 months. Further reductions can be required by additional treatments at 12 weeks following your initial one.
Fat cells - the facts
It is a common misconception that when we gain weight we produce more fats cells, which are equally lost when losing the weight. However, after adolescence the number of fat cells we have remain relatively constant. With weight gain, we do not increase our number of fat cells, we simply fill out the existing ones that we have, this is a process call adipocyte hypertrophy. The same in reverse when we lose weight – we do not loose fat cells, they simple shrink in size. However when it comes to fat cells, the size and distribution of these can vary form person to person, this will contribute to differences in body shapes and ultimately where we store our excess fat.
CoolSculpt vs weight loss
Q) What happens when we lose weight?
A) When we lose weight the volume in the fat cells decreases but the number of fat cells remain the same. Weight loss can not be specific to a concern area, and areas where you may like to retain weight may result in weight loss.
Q) What happens after Coolsculpting treatment?
A) After treatment targeted fat cells are destroyed and eliminated form your body, resulting in fewer fat cells remaining in the targeted area. Untreated areas will have no change. However treatment is very specific to target your concern area. If you put weight on in the future there will be less fat cells in the area to accommodate the increase weight, this will result in fat been distributed in other non-concern areas over the body.
When you choose to undergo CoolSculpting fat freezing, you can be reassured you have chosen the Gold Standard treatment that has gained recognition for its effectiveness at reducing stubborn areas of fat which can prove to be difficult with diet and exercise. As well as increased body confidence there are a number of benefits which include:
- Non-invasive: Coolsculpting is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment option meaning no incisions, anaesthetic, surgical downtime or risk are involved.
- FDA Approved: Coolsculpting is one of the very few cryolipolysis devices that is cleared by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a safe and effective treatment for reducing fat, giving individuals reassurance that the procedure is a safe and effective treatment option.
- Permanent results: Coolsculpting results in the permanent reduction of fat cells in the treated area. Once fat cells have been eliminated they are not able to regenerate.
- Minimal downtime: Following your Coolsculpting procedure most individual can continue their normal day to day activities. There will be some minimal side effects such as tenderness, redness and the feeling of numbness, however these will settle within a few days to weeks following your procedure.
- Targeted treatment: Coolsculpting allows for precise targeting of specific pockets of fat making it a great treatment for the slim person who does not want to lose weight but just has a specific area of concern or equally for people who are struggling to loose fat though diet and exercise alone.
Is used to treat
Coolsculpt can be used in the following areas for a permanent fat reduction
- Upper back
- Lower back
- Bra fat
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
- Under buttocks
The treatment process
As your body needs are unique, a customised treatment plan will have been devised for you during your consultation to address your specific areas of concern. Prior to treatment your consent will be discussed and photographs will be taken in different angles, these will be retaken at your 12 week review. All photos will remain confidential, they are important to allow us to review your treatment progress. Your practitioner will begin by marking out your concern area and treatment plan. Once the skin has been prepped a cooling pad will be applied to protect the skin, followed by the treatment applicator to the target area. You will feel a suction as a vacuum will draw the tissue into the applicator cup, followed by a cooling sensation as the cooling panels will then start to freeze the targeted fat reaching temperatures of up to -11 degrees for optimal results. Each applicator will take around 30- 45 minutes depending on the area to be treated. Once the applicator has been removed, your practitioner will deliver a firm massage to help break down the crystallised fat cells under the skin assisting the body in the process of elimination to begin.
After your treatment
Following treatment you can return to your normal activities immediately due to a minimal expected downtime. However we would advise you to refrain from intense physical activity for at least a few days to give your body time to recover. You may feel some temporary sensations following treatment, these can be quite normal and may include the following
- Cold sensation – the area may feel cold to touch for a short while following treatment, this is quite normal and to be expected
- Numbness – The treated area may feel numb for a short period of time, this will resolve on its own within a couple of weeks following treatment
- Redness and swelling – these can be common side effects, again they are very temporary and will subside within a couple of days
- Tingling and or stinging sensation – you may experience this sensation following treatment – this should quickly resolve
- Bruising – this is not common, if you are to develop bruising this will fade naturally over time, very similar to any typical bruise.
Prior to your treatment your practitioner will discuss all of this in much detail with you.
Coolsculpt is considered to be a safe non invasive procedure for reducing stubborn areas of fat in specific areas of the body. It has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of visible fat bulges in various body areas.
As with any medical procedure there are potential side effects, some of which are common and very temporary in nature, where there are also rare side effects. In order to maintain patient safety we will carry out a full medical procedure prior to any treatment to ensure there are no treatment contraindications as your safety is our priority. During the consultation process your practitioner will also discuss any potential side effects, both common and rare so that you have a full understanding prior to any treatments undertaken.
Am I suitable for treatment?
Coolsculpt is the perfect treatment for anyone who has pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. Treatment is not a weight loss solution and not advised for people with obesity. Unfortunately treatment is not suitable for everyone, the main contraindications to treatment include:
- Cold agglutinin disease
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria (PCH)
- Pregnancy or breast feeding