Brighter Skin, Brighter You with IllumiFacial
What is IllumiFacial?
IllumiFacial is the ‘next generation’ of the highly successful ‘Photofacial’ treatments, using a new and unique combination of specialist Lynton skincare together with powerful, award winning, medical-grade Lynton IPL technology. Treatment is perfect for anyone whose skin exhibits congestion, discolouration and visible signs of ageing.
How long until full results are seen?
Immediately to 4 weeks
Duration of results
none to minimal redness
£180. Course discount available
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common ones.
At Staffordshire Skin and Laser Clinic, we know that your skin is your most important asset. That’s why we give it the attention it deserves. When you come in for a consultation we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed. We will do a full holistic assessment of your concerns including an Observe computerised skin analysis free of charge to give us a greater understanding of your treatment goals and expectations. We will look at factors that may be contributing to your concerns. We will assess for treatment contraindications as your safety is our number one priority. If you are looking for the lift that lasts over a year, to soften fine lines and wrinkles, rejuvenate your neck whilst giving your skin a collagen boost the IllumiFacial may be the perfect treatment for you. During your consultation we will discuss the benefits, potential side effects, risks, treatment alternatives and answer any questions you may have. As we are passionate about results we will also we will also advise on a ZO Skin protocol as well and nutritional support to allow for optimal results. Following your consultation we will provide you treatment information and a quote.
How does the treatment work?
IllumiFacial is a 4 step process
- Cleanse – The first step to achieving clear. Healthy, radient skin will involve a deep cleanse with a specialist formulation to remove any impurities.
- Tri-Fruit Acid Peel – Following a deep cleanse, a unique Tri-Fruit Acid Peel will be applied to your skin, for anywhere between 3-10 minutes. This superficial peel will resurface the skins texture, exfoliate away dead skin cells and congest the pores, priming the skin ready for stage 3 of the IllumiFacial
- Lynton IPL – Following your fruit peel, your skin will be at its optimum condition ready for the application of the award wining Lynton Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment. This works by stimulating collagen and targeting skin discolouration such as pigmentation, freckles, vascular breakouts and general redness. In most cases, the results are instant providing you with dramatically clearer, firmer skin.
- Hydrate and Protect – To help maximise the results of your IllumiFacial treatment, a trio of specialist serums will be applied to your skin post IPL, helping to soothe, regenerate and protect your skin
Am I suitable for treatment?
Prior to any treatment at Staffordshire Skin & Laser Clinic a full medical consultation and assessment will be carried out to ensure there are no treatment contraindications as your safety is our priority. Treatment contraindications include:
- Pregnancy or breast feeding
- Allergy to peel ingredients
- Eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis at the treatment site
- Active cold sore or skin infections
- History if keloid scarring or skin pigmentation disorders such as melasma
- Infected or compromised skin in the treatment area.
- Immune system disorders such as Lupus or severe rheumatoid Arthritis
- Current use of medications such as Accutane or methotrexate
- Current use Herbal remedies such as saint john’s wort, fever few, Tetracycline antibiotics, minocycline’s Amiodarone and steroids (must be discontinued 6 weeks prior to treatment)
- History of methotrexate, or Gold injections
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), skin cancer
- Blood thinning medications such as warfarin, heparin or other types Cautions to treatment (GP to confirm suitability)
- Epilepsy, diabetes, heart or thyroid disease
- Cancer within 12 months
- Transplant, diabetes, hypertensive medication,
- Blood borne viruses such as hepatitis and HIV
- Metal implants or tattoos in the treatment site
Treatment safety and side effects
The IllumiFacial is a completely non invasive treatment, using safe, medical grade equipment to minimise side effects. Your skin may be slightly red or slightly swollen immediately after treatment, but this will subside very quickly. You may have some patches of dry skin and in very rare cases a small blister. However most people experience absolutely no side effects and any reactions usually disappear within a few hours, leaving the skin looking and feeling radiant. To further ensure your treatment safety, a patch test will be performed at least 48 hours prior to your treatment and a full medical history will be taken to rule out any treatment contraindications.