Target stubborn abdominal fat for increased body confidence.
What is Abdominal Fat?
We’ve all heard of the term ‘middle aged spread’ and that’s exactly what it is. As we approach and go through mid life there is a tendency for weight to increase in the abdominal area, as these extra weight tends to accumulate in the midsection. A number of reasons such as diet, exercise, stress, genetics, hormones and alcohol consumption can all be contributing factors.
There are 2 types of abdominal fat – subcutaneous and Visceral. Subcutaneous fat sits under the skin and is pinchable, whilst Visceral fat surrounds a persons organs and comes with an increased health risks such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and some forms of cancer to name a few. Lifestyle factors are key to reducing abdominal fat and giving an overall improvement to the health, these can be combined with in clinic treatments that can target both visceral and subcutaneous fat, and particularly beneficial for people or are of a healthy weight but just have stubborn abdominal fat they can’t shift alone through diet and exercise.
HOW WE CAN HELP
TREATMENTS THAT CAN HELP
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common one
What causes abdominal fat?
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the development of abdominal fat. This can include poor diet, excess alcohol, lack of exercise, genetics, stress, smoking, menopausal weight gain and the way hormones influence body fat distribution.
What can I do to lose abdominal fat?
There are a number of measures that can be taken for overall weight loss which will have a positive impact on your concern area, these will include regular exercise and a balanced diet.
- Cardiovascular exercises – Exercises such as running, cycling or a brisk walk will help to raise your heart rate and burn up stored calories. It is advised that you should do around 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days or at least 150 minutes per week.
- Strength training – By incorporating exercises that target muscles in the back, chest and arms, this will help to build tone in the area and reduce bra fat. Exercise such as rows, push-ups, lat pull downs, chest presses and tricep dips can all be beneficial.
- Eat a balanced diet – In order to promote weight loss a calorie deficient diet will be required. Consuming nutrient dense, high protein foods while avoiding sugary, processed foods are key. Try and increase your intake of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats.
- Keep hydrated – good hydration is key to weight loss as this will help to control hunger, having a positive impact on reducing your calorie consumption while supporting all other bodily functions for optimal health and wellbeing
- Posture – Poor posture can result in the appearance of bra fat. Maintain a good posture when sitting and standing to engage your core muscles, this will make you look more toned and appear slimmer instantly.
- Non-surgical treatments – there are a number of treatments available to specifically target stubborn pockets of fat. Results can be very effective and permanent giving you the body confidence you deserve.
What treatments can be effective for reducing abdominal fat?
Treatments are available to target your specific concern area. These include:
- CoolSculpting is the leading non-invasive fat reduction treatment that eliminates stubborn fat safely and effectively without the need for surgery or downtime. Coolsculpting uses a technique called Cryolipolysis, this process targets and freezes fat cells without damaging any of the surrounding tissue. Once the fat cells are treated, they are destroyed and removed as your body process the fat and removes the dead cells through a natural inflammatory clearing process. This fat reduction treatment is the only FDA-cleared procedure to use controlled cooling to safely target and eliminate diet- and exercise-resistant fat for a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. CoolSculpting is a scientifically proven way to contour your body for noticeable, lasting results so you will look and feel great from every angle.
- BTL Exilis Ultra 360 is an FDA cleared non-invasive medical treatment that combines radiofrequency and ultrasound to target the fat cells, tighten the skin and improve the body contours. This treatment device combines ultrasound and radiofrequency to stimulate the production of new collagen and tighten the skin. As this energy is able to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin it can also break down stubborn areas of fat cells resulting in a circumference reduction. Exilis Ultra 360 is comfortable, and safe treatment for all areas of the face and body so that you can achieve a youthful and smooth skin appearance. Exilis Ultra 360 is effective for fat reduction treatments for enhanced body sculpting following a course of treatment.
Will abdominal fat return following treatment?
When we lose weight through diet and exercise the volume in the fat cells decrease but the number of fat cells will always remain the same, meaning they have the potential to refill during periods of weight gain. After treatment with either Coolsculpting or Exilis Ultra 360, the targeted fat cells are destroyed and eliminated from your body, resulting in fewer fat cells remaining in the targeted area. If you put weight on in the future there will be less fat cells in the area to accommodate the increase weight, this will result in fat been distributed in other non-concern areas over the body therefore meaning it will be more difficult to put weight on in this area in the future.