Tackle tell tale signs of neck ageing for increased self confidence.
What is Neck Ageing?
Its very common to take great care of the skin on our face, while forgetting the importance of the neck area, sometimes until the damage has been done. The neck can often be neglected, however without realising this is one of the fist areas to start showing the early signs of ageing.
Ageing of the neck is a common cosmetic concern arising from a constellation of changes within the different underlying structures, such as the skin, the muscles and fat due to the ageing process, genetics, hormones, gravity, lifestyle and environmental factors. As the neck ages this can give rise to concerns such as fine lines and wrinkles, sagging of the skin, vertical platysma bands, volume loss, sun spots, uneven skin tone, redness, broken capillaries, and a condition also known as poikiloderma. Luckily there are a number of great non-surgical rejuvenation treatments that can help to reverse the signs of neck ageing giving you the body confidence you deserve.
HOW WE CAN HELP
TREATMENTS THAT CAN HELP
You’ve probably got some questions, but before you get in touch, we’ve answered the most common ones here.
What causes neck ageing?
Ageing of the neck is a natural process. As we age we start to produce less collagen and elastin, which give the skin its strength, elasticity and youthfulness. Fine lines and wrinkles may be more noticeable as the skin also tends to become dryer as there is a reduction in the production of Hyaluronic acid and other natural skin hydrators. There are a number of factors that can influence this natural ageing process, one of the main factors been sun exposure. Has the hands are exposed on a daily basis to the sun’s harmful UV rays, this will lead to the breakdown of collagen and will also result in pigment changes such as sun spots and uneven skin tone. Other contributing factors will include smoking, a poor diet lacking in essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidant. alongside inadequate hydration.
How can I protect my neck from ageing?
There are measures you can take to slow down the process of neck ageing. One of the most important steps is to wear at least an SPF 30 protection on a daily basis when the area is exposed to daylight, and don’t forget to top this up regularly. Help to keep the area hydrated with regular moisturising, and use active ingredients such as growth factors and peptides to support the skin’s elasticity. Alongside this, stay hydrated and eat a well balanced diet with lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Making healthy lifestyle choices and participating in regular exercise will all help to keep the skin in its best condition.
What treatments are effective for neck ageing
There are a number of treatments that can be very effective for neck ageing depending on what your concern is. Following a consultation the best treatment option will be advised, this may be a single treatment or combination for optimal results. A number of treatment options are as follows:
- Ultherapy – Ultherapy is the non-surgical alternative to a neck lift, recognised as Gold Standard for non-surgical skin lifting and tightening. Ultherapy uses advanced ultrasound energy in the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate the natural production of collagen and elastin, restoring the skin’s suppleness and firmness. Ultherapy is a great treatment option when administered to the lower face, neck and décolletage, giving you a lift and tightening effect that can last over a year from a single treatment.
- EXILIS ULTRA 360 can be used as a s a treatment option for treatment of skin laxity from head to toe. This high tech, medical grade system uses radio-frequency to heat the deeper layers of the skin stimulating a collagen production and skin tightening effect, improving the appearance of skin laxity, giving it back that tightness and much desired firmness.
- Profhilo is a complete new approach to anti-ageing treatments. This effective treatment is designed to naturally lift and tighten the skin, it is a new discovery in addressing skin laxity, sagging and a way to get rid of ‘crepey skin’. This revolutionary ‘beneath the skin’ hyaluronic acid moisturiser has one of the highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid on the market and utilises a patented technology designed for skin remodelling to restore firmness in the skin This skin bio-remodelling injectable treatment has a stimulating effect on the dermal cells, aiding in the production of new collagen and elastin resulting in increased firmness and elasticity in the skin. It can be used for both face and body concerns, to aid in the remodelling of ageing or sagging skin with effects that can last up to 6 months
- Electronic Derma Stamp (EDS): This is a gold award-winning professional micro needling treatment clinically proven to rejuvenate the skin for a number of concerns including fine lines, wrinkles, textural improvements as well as skin laxity. EDS medical grade device penetrates the skin creating thousands of tiny wounds. This controlled injury to the skin stimulates a wound healing cascade, resulting in new collagen and skin cell formation and an enhanced blood supply, giving the skin a healthy, brighter, rejuvenated complexion whilst minimising lines and wrinkles and firming the skin
- ResurFACE: This award winning skin resurfacing treatment is a great treatment option for skin laxity. Treatment will stimulate collagen whist resurfacing the skin, making the skin much firmer and tighter. ResurFACE is a fractional laser that delivers similar results to more ablative lasers with fewer side effects and downtime.
- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) If you have concerns with unwanted pigmentation, such as sun/liver spots, uneven skin tone or red vascular marks that are commonly associated with skin ageing of the neck then IPL is the treatment for you. IPL emits multiple wavelengths of light energy through the surface of the skin which is attracted to the pigment or blood vessel. This creates a heating of the pigment or vascular lesion, causing it to break up and lift to the surface of the skin where it naturally exfoliates away leaving the complexion more even toned and rejuvenated.
How does the The Advanced Nutrition Programme support my skin?
Healthy skin starts on the inside, for optimal results this needs to be fed daily with skin specific nutrients. To help improve the appearance of compromised skin whilst supporting skin elasticity, firmness and collagen production experts recommend supporting the skin with supplements from the Advanced Nutritional Programme (ANP) supplement range alongside a healthy diet. Traditional skincare is turned inside out with the innovative, award-winning range of evidence-based skincare supplements. While topical skincare only treats 50% of the skin on the surface, ANP potent nutritional blends feed your skin from within for a proven, 100% skincare approach, your skin will certainly thank you for it. Following your consultation we can advised a complete nutritional approach to optimise your skin health.
How can ZO Skin Health help to support my skin?
ZO Skin Health products are specifically designed to be the best skin care for ageing skin by addressing both the visible signs and key triggers of ageing at every phase, restoring your skin’s strength and health overall. It uses only the highest quality active ingredients like retinoids, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Niacinamide, glycolic acid, lactic acid and more. Following a consultation the best anti-ageing regimen that works to improve your skin texture, repair your skin barrier and restore a healthy, youthful appearance to your skin will be prescribed.